I feel that it’s time for me to expand the blog, so that its more than just the story of why I am blogging. I thought today I would offer up a simple and oh so delicious recipe. It’s my very own “Oh So Berry Kale Smoothie” recipe.
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1 handful of fresh kale (feel free to be generous if you love you some kale)
- 3 medium size fresh strawberries
- About 15 fresh blueberries
- .5 frozen fresh banana
- 1-1.5 tablespoons of plain Greek yogurt
- .5 teaspoon of agave nectar
- 2 mint leaves
I add the lemon juice, kale, strawberries, blueberries, and the banana into my magic bullet. I blend those ingredients until there are no longer large pieces of fruit. I then add the greek yogurt and agave nectar to add to the flavor and for the correct smooth consistency. Once again I blend the smoothie, this time for around 45 seconds. Sometimes I do two bursts of 30 second blends, mixing or shaking the blender in between. Finally, I pour the smoothie into a glass and top it off with a couple of mint leaves. Ta Da!
- I choose to freeze fruit (or you can always buy frozen fruit at the grocery store) so that I can eliminate the use of ice most of the time. It is a perfect way to guarantee a cold refreshing smoothie without watering out the flavor.
- The lemon juice gives it a much needed light refreshing kit. Sometimes I use 2 teaspoons.
- I am a supporter of the idea “if you look good you feel good” and I don’t just apply this to my appearance. I love adding the mint to my smoothies for aesthetic appeal plus the aroma adds for a better smoothie drinking experience.
- I am definitely not a pro, as you can see from my “handful” kale measurements. You don’t have to be a pro to make a scrumptious smoothie. Be confident and try it out. If it doesn’t taste how you wanted just add a bit more of your favorite ingredient.
- I love to start my day out with this recipe. It fills me up and is such a positive start to my day.
- Get creative! There are unlimited ways of making berry kale smoothies. Feel free to comment with your favorite smoothie recipes. I would love to hear from all of you.
P.S. I will be island living for only two more weeks so I thought why not take advantage of the abundance of shells I have!